Photobucket

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gift Giving

A family friend of ours has three little kids all under the age of 5. I think that they are the sweetest kids ever! The two youngest both celebrate their birthday in September. The youngest will be 1 and the middle with be 3.

I haven't been to many kids birthday parties but for the ones I have there seems to be a trend. The kids get tons of new toys. The toys are played with for a day perhaps a couple of days if it is a really awesome toy. Most are just left there sitting in a box of some sort feeling all sad a unwanted.

For the girls birthdays I want to do something special for them and their mom. I'm going to make little gift certificates so that mom and dad can have a day or few hours to herself. Yes, basically I am offering her free babysitting. For the kids it will be a day to do something fun with me. Yes, I'd like to think I am a pretty cool person to hang out with.

The oldest has already had a special day with E and I. I picked him up in the afternoon and we spent the day together and then he even spent the night. His first real sleep over. It's so much fun!

I have this extra cool factor because I'm an adult but not a parent. He likes that I can take him places, do fun activities, and basically just spoil him rotten and then at the end of the day I'm not a parent. I'm going to enjoy this special place that I'm in for as long as I can.

I just can't find the wording I'm looking for my certificates. I want them to be fun and for the girls..but really the girls can't read so it's more for the mom anyway. I'll probably work on them this week. Break out my scrapbook paper and stickers. I love a reason for crafting. I have been itching for a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment