Photobucket

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 21 A recipe

Let's start out with a little back ground information. My parents are from Ohio. My dad attended The Ohio State University. Growing up every Christmas we made Buckeyes. I've only had them the way my grandma made them until recently. Let me be the first to tell you not all peanut butterballs dips in chocolate taste the same! This recipe is easy and amazing!

Ingredients
1 stick of butter
1 lb. box of powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
1 package (12 oz.) Chocolate chips

Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter. Form into small balls. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Melt the chocolate in double boiler or microwave.

Be careful not to overheat or steam (water will damage chocolate - even small amounts of steam)

Dip the peanut butter balls 3/4 way into chocolate so some of the peanut butter still shows. Use a toothpick to pick up and dip into the chocolate. Let cool and dry on a wire rack or wax paper.

Makes several dozen.

I think they taste best if you put them in a container and back in to the fridge or freezer after the chocolate has dried. Something about frozen chocolate and peanut butter...I love it!

This is a picture of real buckeyes
Source













This is a picture of someone else's chocolate buckeyes
source

3 comments:

  1. A guy I work with went to Ohio State and he's making these for his wedding! He's been talking about them for weeks! lol

    ReplyDelete