Photobucket

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chair Makeover - Halfway There

My Thanksgiving Project!
I wrote about finding these great chairs for $5 each at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I have been procrastinating on getting them done because I felt like I had a long time. I work better under pressure. And now that we are less than 3 weeks away I finally feel the need to complete this project. This first picture is chair one with the seat part already screwed off.

Because I wanted to work and be able to watch the puppies I placed the chair up higher so they couldn't get into the paint. I am in love at this point with only one coat of paint! I think this chair is totally different and I just love it...that's all there is to it!

So now I have two fully painted and the other two are sanded and just waiting for me to paint. Now, I'm at the part where I have to pick the fabric to put on the seat and I don't know what to pick! I love so many different fabrics but I don't want to spend a lot...I'm cheap. I have a few ideas that I've found online. I am going to look around a some real fabric stores tomorrow and see what I can find.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those do look like completely different chairs! So chic and modern, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very talented! I could never do something like that. I'd just get annoyed and end up spending money on new chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I think these turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great so far! I love the shape of the chair. You'd better email me some pics when you are done! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Totally different with paint. I can't wait to see the fabric you choose.

    ReplyDelete