Photobucket

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

6 years ago...

Six years ago yesterday, I went on a blind date with a guy who was friends of my best friend. At the end of the night I recapped with my sister and told her I met the guy I'm going to marry. She proceeded to roll her eyes and tell me I was crazy! Now, after boot camp, 4 different duty stations, 4 years at college, almost a year and a half of marriage here we are! :) haha I'd just like to take this moment and say "I told you so!" to my baby sister.

My plan for the next six years, move at least 3 more times. Maybe have a baby.
Find a career I love & E will be an officer. And continue to be as happy as we currently.

At our wedding we danced to Brad Paisley's "I Thought I Loved You Then"
Here's a little clip why...

I remember trying not to stare the night that I first met you
you had me mesmerized
And 3 weeks later in the front porch light taking 45 minutes to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet but I thought I loved you then
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

5 comments:

  1. I love that song! It wasn't out yet when I got married or I might have used it in my wedding too!
    Your story about how you said you were going to marry him after the first date made me laugh, because I said the same thing about my husband after about a month of dating too! When it's the right man it doesn't take long to figure it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously just made my day. This is the sweetest thing that I have ever read.

    That song is on my list of songs for our wedding as well, but I'm finding it so hard to decide. There are so many to choose from!

    As for knowing you were going to marry him. "C" and I hadn't even started dating yet and my mom informed me that I was going to marry him. Mother's always know best I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is so sweet! I haven't heard that song before but it took me back to the days when my husband and I were dating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.... this is so sweet! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your story. My Mom has all of my ornaments for me so when I get my own place again I will be able to do the same!

    ReplyDelete