Photobucket

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Motivation

I love all the comments on my last post about the quotes! That really got me motivated to get started. I bought my quote today. I was torn between two but I only wanted to buy one in case I don't really feel like doing two. I narrowed it down to these two. I want something to hang in the front entry way...I ended up getting the family one.







But before I get started on that project I have another one to complete for Thanksgiving. We only have 4 dining room chairs and because E's parents, his brother, and his brother's girlfriend are coming for thanksgiving we were short on chairs. Because I love a good bargain and a challenging project I wanted to try and find chairs that I could paint or recover...something. So today we spent a couple of hours at garage sales and were able to get 4 great chairs for $20. I'm really excited. We probably could have gotten the price a little lower but I was just so excited I didn't even think about it. So I'm off to Joann Fabrics tomorrow to try and find a pretty fabric. My only problem is that I pick something out and then I don't like it as much as I did the day before I have a hard time committing to one choice when there are so many choices that I love. I'll probably start all this on monday. I'm just so excited to have another couple of projects to work on while E is at work.

4 comments:

  1. 4 chairs for $20...not bad, good find girl! :)
    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those quotes... my mom says that last one all the time.. especially at our family reunions.. I think she thinks she came up with that quote... apparently not! haha!

    love your blog... just found it and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as i look at both my kitchen and dining room tables, i realize all 8 chairs are from garage sales! ever since the show friends began, i was on a mission to have all mismatched chairs. have fun with the project! your post made me think of one of mine -- http://mimibellaboo.blogspot.com/2009/09/life-is-just-chair-of-bowlies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote idea... but I have to admit that your post has me thinking I want to go garage sale-ing so I can get more chairs too!

    ReplyDelete