Photobucket

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Volunteering is my new Career


Since finding a job has become more of a challenge then I thought it was going to be...I'm looking into volunteer work. I need something other then working out to look forward to. I filled out all the information for Habitat for Humanity and I looked into positions at the shelter where we just adopted our puppies. I found a hospital that has volunteer opportunities but I don't want to get in over my head at too many different places. The hospital is my back up in case the other two can't use me. Meanwhile, the job hunt it still on I haven't given up hope....I just have to remember that Pensacola is very different than D.C. I'm really excited to get started working somewhere! :)

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is too cute! Good luck on the volunteer work! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that job search turns out to be successful for you but I think its great that you are volunteering in the mean time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your encouraging comments!! I just realized how to check for comments! haha a little slow on this blogging thing so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be a blogger stalker, but I clicked on your link from my friend Erin's site over at Losin' it...saw something about the panhandle of Florida and the military and thought, I wonder if she's from Pensacola? I'm from Pensacola :) Sort of- I graduated high school there and my mom and grandparents live there, so we go there for Christmas. Are you living on base? If you have any questions about the town, I'd be glad to help. It's changed a lot since I lived there, but there are still some things that all the locals do that new people and tourists might not really get to hear about. And I think volunteering is a great idea! I'm in the same situation- we just moved so my husband can go go to school, but we'll be here longer than 9 months...finding a job is hard in this economy and I think volunteering is a great way to answer the question, "What have you been doing in the meantime?" when you're at an interview.

    ReplyDelete