Photobucket

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bullies

Today my little buddy came home from school very sad....a bully at school today called him a dumbyhead and a dumby. The 4 hours we were together that was all he could talk about even though I reassured him over and over that he wasn't dumb. This bully also called his friend dumb and kicked a girl in their class.

I even went as far to try and tell him about how the other boy had low self-esteem and that's why he was picking on him. I'm not sure how much of it he understood but I really didn't know what to say when he asked why the boy did those mean things.

This bully is on my shit list!

My heart was breaking for him because, it's only his second day of school and the world is a cruel place. I just wanted to hug him and keep him with me all day all the time!


lol ohh man, I know, I'm in trouble when I have my own kids!

5 comments:

  1. That is SO awful! What are kids taught these days? i am like you, I will get myself in trouble when I have my own kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so mean sometimes....poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More and more studies are showing that bullies have on average, average self-esteem to excessive self-esteem. In most cases serial bullying does not end unless confronted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this hurts my heart. Kids are so mean sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sad! Kids... I can't believe it! My heart hurts! We so badly want to protect them... but the bottom line is we can't. We just need to pray for them. So sad...

    ReplyDelete