Today is my brithday! and everytime I say the number 24 it weirds me out. I get that a year has passed but I don't feel any older. I actually feel like I should still be around 18...I mean who is this grown up that graduated high school and college and got married. I'm pretty sure I will forget and tell someone i'm 23. I believe though that you aren't really a grown up till you have kids of your own. In this point I will not count my lovely animals as my babies...even if I treat them that way. I am not a grown up.
Why is being a grown up such a bad thing? When we are really little everyone says don't be in a rush to grow up, enjoy it. It's as if we are programmed from very early not to want to be an adult and have responsibilities and all that goes along with it? But I suppose really we should embrace it because no matter what it happens...and I suppose it's not so bad. So here are some great things about being a grown up. At least I think they are great.
* Living with my husband and all that implies ;)
* Making my own schedule
* Being able to eat dessert first
* No bed time
* No curfew
* Alcoholic Beverages - all kinds
* Money - at one point I made a lot more then I did at 17. One day I will again.
* Family - I think you appreciate them more as you get older or at least can show it in a more productive way.
* My own house and car - to keep as clean/dirty (more on the clean side for me) as I want